This weekend is all about DAD and the hunt is on for the perfect gift. Co-founder Allie shares her shortlist of thoughtful gifts she knows both her dad and college sweetheart (turned husband) Teddy would totally dig!
1. Top Pick- FREE: Capture your family stories on Story Corps http://storycorps.org/. Download the app and simply follow the prompts to interview your subject. The interview will be archived in the Library of Congress so your children and great grandchildren can access Dad/Grandpa’s story. FREE!
2. For the Storyteller - $12: David Melling’s Just Like My Dad – a humorous and touching tale of a cub who can’t wait to grow up and be just like his dad.
3. For the Outdoor Enthusiast - $100-$400: It is said the best memories of dads involves an outdoor activity. Allie is on the hunt for a sturdy all-weather carrier. Lots to choose from both on Amazon and at Bumps to Babes (HK).
4. For the Music Lover - $180: Check out LSTN headphones so Dad can listen to his favorite show or tunes without disturbing (or being disturbed by) the rest of the family. For every pair of LSTN headphones purchased, the company donates money to help the hearing impaired.
5. For the Foodie - $30: Get a mix of cold pressed olive oils and other cooking and tasting oils from your local grocery store. Try Nuez de Prado Extra Virgin Organic Olive Oil from Spain.