Founded by mothers, Baby Hero is a children's clothing brand dedicated to being and raising global citizens.
With every purchase of our fair-trade, organic products you fund life-saving medical items for newborns in need and provide dignified work to communities in need, making an extraordinary difference in the lives of others.
Super-soft, delightfully-designed organic clothes and gifts that are changing the world.
Worried about the planet we are leaving to our children?
The actions we take now will make the difference between a climate that is stable and a world with more natural disasters, rising coastlines, greater pollution in our air and oceans, disappearing flora, fauna, animals and more misery for communities living in poverty.
Here is our 5-pronged plan for parents who want to affect the future of our earth's environment.
1. Educate yourself and your kids. Know the science of climate change, specifically how man-made sources have contributed and discuss them with your children. With older kids, we suggest watching a documentary such as Trashed (available for free) on movie night.
2. Consume less.Choose fewer, but better, long-lasting clothes and items. Pass children's clothes on to siblings or friends. Utilize used-goods market-places for as many needs as you can, and when you are done with your own items, resell or give them away on those market-places.
3. Vote. Make sure your government knows climate change is a priority. Never miss an opportunity to vote for big or small elections and hold politicians who vote against the environment responsible - government policy will ultimately be the largest determinant of the direction our climate takes.
4. Donate. Make climate change charities a regular part of your giving. We suggest Union of Concerned Scientists, a group that is both gathering invaluable research on climate change but also devoting resources to inventing solutions.
5. Vote with your wallet.Many companies have made eco-friendly policies a central part of their mission - we are proud to be one of them. Look for companies that use organic, pesticide-free or cleaner source materials, recycled materials or are reducing waste. Here is a great list. If we all consistently choose environmentally conscious companies, others will follow and also demand greater government support.
Did you enjoy this blog? You'd also enjoy subscribing to our newsletter! We send 2-3 interesting and helpful articles a month about raising children to be global citizens. Join us!
Leave a comment
Join The Baby Hero Family Today
Let Us Wow You! We are talking about changing the world, spreading as much goodness as possible, and raising compassionate children. We interview parents around the world in our Hero Parent Series.